Benedict , ((Latin)
Benedictus; (French) Benoît; (Greek) Βενέδικτος), may refer to the following:
- Benedict of Nursia, the "Father of Western Monasticism" (†543), March 14
- Benedicta of Rome, virgin, mystic and nun, lived in a convent founded by St. Galla in Rome (6th century), May 6
- Benedict of Sebaste, Bishop of Sebaste in Samaria, later the founder of the Abbaye Saint-Benoît de Quinçay († c. 654), October 23
- Benedict II, Pope of Rome (†685), May 8
- Benedict Biscop, Abbot of Wearmouth and Confessor (†690), January 12
- Benedict Crispus of Milan, Archbishop of Milan (†725), March 11
- Benedict of Angers, Bishop of Angers in the west of France († c. 820), July 15
- Benedict of Aniane, monastic reformer, called the 'Second Benedict' (†821), February 11
- Benedict of Macérac, a Greek abbot who fled from Petras and settled in Macérac near Nantes in France (†845), October 22
- Benedict Revelli, Bishop of Albenga († c. 900), February 12
- Benedicta and Cecilia, two daughters of the King of Lorraine, Abbesses of Susteren in the Rhineland in Germany (†10th century), August 17
- Benedict, John, Matthew, Isaac and Christinus, monks martyred at their monastery near Gnesen in Poland (†1005)
- Benedict of Szkalka, ascetic on Mount Zobor in Hungary (†1012), May 1
- Benedict of Serres and Thessaloniki, New Hieromartyr (†1821), June 12
- Benedict III of Rome, Pope of Rome (†858)
- Benedict VI of Rome, Pope of Rome (†974)
- Benedict VIII of Rome, Pope of Rome (†1024)
- Benedict IX of Rome, Pope of Rome († c.1055/56)
- Benedict (Plotnikov) of Kazan, Archbishop of Kazan (†1937)
- Benedict (Papadopoulos) of Jerusalem, Patriarch of Jerusalem (†1980)
- Benedict (Tsekouras) of Philadelphia, Metropolitan of Philadelphia
- Great Synaxaristes: (Greek) Ὁ Ὅσιος Βενέδικτος ὁ ἐκ Νουρσίας. 14 Μαρτίου. ΜΕΓΑΣ ΣΥΝΑΞΑΡΙΣΤΗΣ.
- Venerable Benedict of Nursia. OCA - Lives of the Saints.
- Great Synaxaristes: (Greek) Ἡ Ὁσία Βενεδίκτη ἡ Ρωμαία. 6 Μαΐου. ΜΕΓΑΣ ΣΥΝΑΞΑΡΙΣΤΗΣ.
- May 6. Latin Saints of the Orthodox Patriarchate of Rome.
- B. Latin Saints of the Orthodox Patriarchate of Rome.
- Great Synaxaristes: (Greek) Ὁ Ἅγιος Βενέδικτος. 12 Ιανουαρίου. ΜΕΓΑΣ ΣΥΝΑΞΑΡΙΣΤΗΣ.
- January 12. Latin Saints of the Orthodox Patriarchate of Rome.
- February 11. Latin Saints of the Orthodox Patriarchate of Rome.
- Great Synaxaristes: (Greek) Ὁ Ἅγιος Βενέδικτος ὁ Ἱερομάρτυρας ὁ ἐκ Σερρῶν καὶ ἐν Θεσσαλονίκης ἀθλήσας. 12 Ιουνίου. ΜΕΓΑΣ ΣΥΝΑΞΑΡΙΣΤΗΣ.