Metropolis of Attica
The Metropolis of Attica is a former metropolis under the jurisdiction of the Church of Greece. In 2010, the metropolis was abolished and divided into two metropolises, Metropolis of Kifissia, Amaroussion and Oropos and Metropolis of Ilion, Acharnes and Petroupolis. It was originally part of the Metropolis of Attica and Megaridos.
The Metropolis of Attica was established as the Metropolis of Attica and Megaridos in 1936. In 1968, Abp. Demitrios (Trakatellis), now Archbishop of America, was elected Metropolitan of Attica and Megaridos, but refused the election because a military junta was ruling Greece at that time. In 1974, the Metropolis was divided into three metropolises of which one was designated the Metropolis of Attica with its see in Kifissia. The others were the Metropolis of Mesogaia and Lavreotiki with its see in Spata and the Metropolis of Megara and Salamis with its see in Megara.
In 2004, the Holy Synod of the Church of Greece appointed Metr. Nicholas of Mesogaias and Lavreotiki as vicar of the Metropolis of Attica
On February 16, 2010, following a decision of the Holy Synod, the Metropolis of Attica was abolished. The territory of the former metropolis was divided into two new metropolises, the Metropolis of Kifissia, Amaroussion and Oropos and the Metropolis of Ilion, Acharnes and Petroupolis. 
The see of the Metropolis of Attica became vacant when its former Metropolitan Panteleimon was deposed by the Synod amid charges of financial and sexual scandal.
Metropolis of Attica and Megaridos
- Iakovas (Vavanatsos) 1936 - 1962, 1962 - 1967 (Iakovos III Archbishop of Athens 1962)
- Nicodemus (Gkatziroulis) 1967 - 1974
Metropolis of Attica
- Dorotheus (Giannaropoulos) 1974 - 1992
- Panteleimon (Mpezenitis) 1994 - 2004
- Nicholas (Hatzinikolaou) 2004 - 2010
- ↑ Government Gazette (Gazette 21, 16.02.2010, vol) Law 3822/2010
- ↑ "Sex and fraud woe for Greek church" From The Guardian, February 19, 2005.
- Metropolis of Kifissia, Amaroussion and Oropos site In Greek
- Ecumenical Patriarchate Elects Metropolitan Demetrios of Vresthena (Greece) New Archbishop for America