Icon New Media Network
Icon New Media Network was a network of new media podcasts, blogs and vodcasts, operated by Jacob Lee and based in southern California. According to its website, Icon New Media Network saw "Orthodox Christianity as the future of American Spirituality", and looked to introduce Orthodoxy "to emergent, post-evangelical and non-Christian audiences" by providing resources and communication for a greater understanding of Orthodoxy and its relevance.
Icon New Media Network had a number of features to help the wider Orthodox community, including the 'Help Build an Orthodox Church', running free ads for fundraising for Orthodox parishes that need new church buildings.
In June 2008, Icon New Media Network embarked on a distribution agreement with the Orthodox Christian Network, allowing for Icon New Media Network podcasts to be downloaded from the MyOCN website.
The Icon New Media Network offered a series of podcasts on different topics. Podcasts included:
- Journeys to Orthodoxy: Jacob Lee interviews a member of the Orthodox Church who has converted to Orthodoxy, focusing particularly on their story of conversion.
- Generation Orthodox: A roundtable discussion about Orthodoxy and it's role in the daily lives of the people in the roundtable.
- The Man in Black: Fr Andrew Welzig discusses Orthodoxy and theological issues with Jacob Lee.
- The New Dialogues: Steven McMeans hosts an interview-driven show on the Orthodox perspective on a wide variety of aspects in modern culture.
- True Convergence: Jacob Lee hosts this show, expressing the convergence of sacrament, charism and evangelicalism that is found in Orthodox Christianity.
Icon New Media Network hosted three blogs:
- Woman, Thou Art Awesome: Rising from the Generation Orthodox podcast, this blog is about female saints in the Orthodox Church
- Bringing Church Home: A blog about bring the Orthodox liturgical cycle into daily life of Orthodox families.
- So It Says: A blog containing reviews of Orthodox books.
In addition to podcasts and blogs, Icon New Media Network also hosted a series of videos (vodcasts):
- Intro to Orthodoxy: Archbishop Lazar of Ottawa presents a series introducing Orthodox Christianity to the viewer.
Jacob was the owner of Icon New Media Network, and hosted a number of the shows.
The last content updates to ICON New Media Network were made in 2009; the site went offline in 2011.