St. John the Baptist Church (Angoon, Alaska)
St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church in Angoon Alaska is the successor parish to St. Andrew the First Called Orthodox Church of Killisnoo, Alaska.
When St. Andrew's burned in 1928, the Orthodox parishioners relocated to Angoon and build St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church.
St. John's was added to the National Register of historic places in 1980 and, as of today, the building is at risk and in dire need of a new roof and foundation work.
- Kan, Sergei. Memory Eternal: Tlingit Culture and Russian Orthodox Christianity through Two Centuries. Seattle: University of Washington Press. 1999. ISBN: 0-295-97806-6.