This page is for Orthodox books (not articles) available online as full-text documents.
Theology & Spirituality
- Confession: The Healing Sacrament by Jim Forest
- The Way of the Ascetics by Tito Colliander
- Some Aspects of Orthodox Theology, from Holy Trinity Monastery (Jordanville, New York) (1958)
- Orthodox Christians in North America 1794-1994
- The Truth About the Russian Church Abroad, by M. Rodzianko
- The Basis on Which Economy May Be Used in the Reception of Converts, by Metr. Anthony (Khrapovitsky) of Kiev
- Orthodox Christian Education of Children in Our Days, by Protopresbyter G. Grabbe (1960)
- The Rudder, a.k.a. The Pedalion (includes only the text of the canons, not the commentary by St. Nikodemos)
- The Orthodox Faith (4 volume "Rainbow Series" Catechism) by Fr. Thomas Hopko.
- The Orthodox Church by Bishop Kallistos (Ware) of Diokleia.
- Catechism of Metropolitan St. Philaret by Philaret (Drozdov) of Moscow and Peter Mogila.
- Orthodox Daily Prayers - the 1982 version of St. Tikhon's Orthodox Theological Seminary press' prayer book.
- Orthodox Prayer Book - the 1986 version of the Holy Trinity Orthodox Seminary (Jordanville, New York) prayer book, often called the "Jordanville Prayerbook".
- A Spiritual Psalter, or Reflections on God by Ephraim the Syrian - Excerpted by Bishop Theophan the Recluse from the works of our Holy Father Ephraim the Syrian; arranged in the manner of the Psalms of David; translated by Antonina Janda together with The Life of St. Ephraim translated by Br. Isaac E. Lambertsen. Distributed by St. Nicholas Orthodox Church (Mogadore, Ohio). Note this is a book of new hymns, not a commentary on or new translation of the Old Testament psalms.
The below hymn books are all also available via Eastern Liturgical (Orthodox) Hymnals on Hymnary.org.
- Hymns and Poetry of the Eastern Church, Bernhard Pick, 1908. This hymn book is available via archive.org or google.
- Hymns of the Holy Eastern Church, John Brownlie, 1902.
- Hymns of the Greek Church, John Brownlie, 1900.
- Hymns of the Eastern Church (5th ed.), Rev. J. M. Neale, D.D., 1866.
Note that there have been no major anthologies of hymns since the 1900s, as in most cases the complete service books or other sources from which they drew have, themselves, been translated in full.
- Bibliotheca Orthodoxa IntraText (in many languages)
- Bibliotheca Patristica IntraText (in many languages)
- Christian Classics Ethereal Library
- Early Church Fathers Collection (e-Books in Microsoft® HTML-Help and WinHelp formats)
- Free PDFs of some writings of Lossky, Florovsky and other Orthodox theologians/writers
- Holy Trinity Orthodox School (Over 90 Theological books)
- Library of Books, Articles and Links on Hesychasm
- Myriobiblos On Line Library (Church of Greece)
- Patrologia Graeca (Patrologiae Cursus Completus, Series Graeca - J.P. Migne (+ 1875))