Metropolis of Hydra, Spetses and Aegina
Metropolis of Hydra, Spetses and Aegina is a metropolis under the jurisdiction of the Church of Greece. The metropolis consists of a set of islands around the major islands of Hydra, Spetses, and Aegina located off the Peloponnese in the Aegean Sea south of Athens.
The Metropolitan of Hydra, Spetses and Aegina is His Eminence, Ephraim (Stenakis), who was born in 1948 in Kypselis of Aegina. The date of his consecration is January 14, 2001.
Past ruling hierarchs
- Gerondas c.2000
- Hierotheos (Tsantilis) c.1975 - ?
- Procopius of Hydra and Spetses c. 1922
- Ioasaph of Hydra and Spetses c. 1910
This metropolis is divided into seven regions.
- Holy Monastery of the Zoodohos Pigis (Poros,Greece)
- Holy Monastery of the Prophet Elias (Hydra, Greece)
- Holy Monastery of the Holy Trinity (Hydra, Greece)
- Holy Monastery of the Dormition of the Theotokos Chrysoleontissis (Aegina, Greece)
- Holy Monastery of Ss. Anargyroi (Ermionis, Greece)
- Holy Monastery of All Saints (Spetses, Greece)
- Holy Monastery of St. Eupraxias "Dokou," (Hydra, Greece)
- Holy Monastery of the Birth of the Theotokos "Zourvas" (Hydra,Greece)
Saints and monastics
St. Nektarios, Archbishop of Aegina and Pentapoleos
Blessed Elder Ieronymos of Aegina
- Apostle Krispos
- St. Leontios
- St. Leonidas the Troizinios
- St. Julios and Julianos
- St. Athanasia
- St. Theodora
- St. Theopisti
- St. Lukas the Stiriotis
- St. Dionysios of Aegina
- St. Makarios of Corinth
- St. Constantinos the Hydra
- Three Neo-martyrs from Spetses
- St. Savvas of Kalymnos