← Older edit
Newer edit →
Philotheos (Zervakos) of Paros
621 bytes added
03:32, January 15, 2008
no edit summary
* Blessed Elder Philotheos (Zervakos) was born 1884
in a small village of the Peloponese and was given the name of Constantine at his Holy Baptism
* From childhood he demonstrated an exceptional love for God.
* In 1912, April 22, Father Philotheos was ordained to the priesthood by Metropolitan Gabriel of Trifilia and Olympia.
* In 1924, he made an extensive pilgrimage to the Holy land and Egypt. This is all described in his book published in 1925 "Great and Wondrous Pilgrimages to Palestine and Sinai".
* In 1930, Elder Ierotheos reposed and Father Philotheos succeeded him as abbot of Longovarda.
'': At this stage, Father Philotheos had the reputation of a Saint.''
* Blessed Elder Philotheos (Zervakos) died on the morning of [[May 8]] with the new calendar.
* He is classified as a Modern Orthodox Saint.
Retrieved from "
Please consider supporting OrthodoxWiki.