Talk:Russian Orthodox Autonomous Church
This article needs (among other things):
- a proper intro
—Fr. Andrew talk contribs (THINK!) 05:01, December 1, 2005 (CST)
This article does seem a bit biased and is from the web site of the church in question. It would seem the point of view of the other Russian churches should be added.
This article contains ROCOR's opinion http://www.russianorthodoxchurch.ws/english/pages/news/invvlmark.html
- Please edit it! The cleanup tag at the top of the article is there, among other reasons, to indicate that it hasn't yet been put into the proper shape needed for the wiki. —Dcn. Andrew talk random contribs 06:46, May 25, 2006 (CDT)
"Grivakos" has just gone into this article and added back all the ROCA propaganda that was here before. I think the only way this is likely to stop, is if you lock this page. Frjohnwhiteford 03:23, April 3, 2007 (PDT)
- If it happens again, we can do so. I hope he'll join the discussion here first, though. But as is our policy, it is the "mainstream" bias which overrides OrthodoxWiki articles. At the same time, describing ROAC's self-understanding in this article is also appropriate.
- On another note, it is illegal to import material from other websites without a release of that material by its copyright owner. The text that was being used by Grivakos to be found here. —Fr. Andrew talk contribs 09:21, April 3, 2007 (PDT)
Over 300 parishes?
Where do you get the figure of there being over 300 parishes? How many priests are there in ROAC? How many laity, roughly. Frjohnwhiteford 17:44, April 11, 2007 (PDT)
Contentions - explanations?
Dear Frs. Andrew and Elias, might you both be willing to explain on this discussion page some of the recent contention? I pick up that a key issue is the degree of independence that the bishops who would join as ROCA had with regard to ROCOR. What else are the critical issues, and what is the history behind them? Thank you very much for your time and helping me understand these things better. — FrJohn (talk)
- I can tell you that from my perpective, the most recent edits by Fr. Elias were revisionist history, which asserted a level of autonomy for the bishops inside Russia that ROCOR had never granted them, nor recognized. Frjohnwhiteford 04:10, September 14, 2007 (PDT)
- That's essentially my view, as well, and I'm wont to take Fr. John Whiteford's word about these things. —Fr. Andrew talk contribs 08:32, September 14, 2007 (PDT)