Monastery of Prophet Elias (Monarto, South Australia)
|Holy Monastery of the Prophet Elias|
|Location||Monarto South, South Australia|
|Music used||Russian Chant|
|Feastdays celebrated||20 Jul/2 Aug|
|Official website||not applicable|
The Monastery of the Prophet Elias is a monastic community for men under the Diocese of Australia and New Zealand, ROCOR. The monastery is located in Monarto South, South Australia, and was established under the omophorion of His Grace Archbishop Alypy by Igumen Benjamin, who remains the superior.
This article about an Australian Monastery is a stub (i.e., in need of additional material). You can help OrthodoxWiki by expanding it.
- 1995: Monastery founded in ROCOR.
- ~1998-~2003: Fr Benjamin was a priest of the Antiochian Archdiocese
- ~2004: Fr Benjamin returned to ROCOR.
In March 2006, Fr. Benjamin visited Archimandrite Daniel, the head of the ROCOR Mission in Indonesia.
In May 2006, Fr. Benjamin presented at workshop on Icons and Iconography at the Mount Gambier Regional Art Gallery.
Articles by the Priestmonk
- Intercessions and the Liturgy (in Orthodox Contact, September 1998).
- Parish directory of ROCOR Diocese of Australia and New Zealand.
- The Orthodox Monastery in South Australia - This article originally appeared in Orthodox Contact and written by S.A.
- Orthodox Contact of April 2002 mentions Fr Benjamin making a presentation on monasticism.
|Orthodoxy in Australia: Monasteries|
|Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia|
| Male: Pantanassa | St George | St John |
Female: Gorgoepikoos | Holy Cross
|Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia|
| Male: Holy Transfiguration | Archangel Michael |
Proph. Elias | St John the Baptist | Holy Trinity
Female: Our Lady of Kazan | Presentation
| Male: New Kalenic (Serbian) | St Sava (Serbian) |
Female: St Anna (Antiochian) | Nativity Skete (Serbian)