← Older edit
Holy Cross Monastery (Niagara Falls, New York)
4,555 bytes added
22:12, November 15, 2014
no edit summary
| name = The Holy Cross Orthodox Monastery
| jurisdiction = [[Russian True-Orthodox Church (Vyacheslav)|Russian True-Orthodox Church]]
| type=Male Monastery
| founded = 2005
| superior = [[Nicholas (Iuhoş)]]
| size = 2 monks
| hq = Niagara Falls, New York
| language = English, some Slavonic and Romanian
| music = [[Russian Chant]]
| calendar = [[Julian Calendar]]
| feasts = [[September 14|Elevation]]
| website = [http://www.holycross-niagarafalls.org Official website]
'''The Holy Cross Orthodox Monastery''' is a [[monastery]] of the [[schismatic]] [[Russian True-Orthodox Church (Vyacheslav)|Russian True-Orthodox Church]]. Located in Niagara Falls, New York, it formerly belonged to [[ROCOR]], the [[OCA]], [[Holy Orthodox Church in North America]], and [[Russian Orthodox Church in Exile#Current status|True Russian Orthodox Church]] under Metropolitan Damascene of Moscow. It was established in the year 2005 by [[Archimandrite]] [[Nicholas (Iuhos)]], built in the former Holy Trinity Orthodox Church (est. 1951).
Plans for the monastery include the organization of special spiritual retreats and lectures for those who are interested in learning more about the [[Orthodox Christianity|Orthodox faith]], [[spirituality]], the [[Church Fathers]], and much more.
The monastery property consists of about 3 1/2 acres of land, including a brownstone church, a rectory, a garage, and a separate building which has three apartments upstairs, a hall, a kitchen, a future library and a basement.
The main building needs capital repairs, a new roof, new windows, new electrical wiring, and new heating and air conditioning system. Once restored, it is in this building that the monastic community will live.
The monastery plans to bring English speaking [[monk]]s to begin the monastic life and hopes to attract interested candidates from the US and Canada.
The monastery plans to build a small pierogi factory to provide itself income, some of which will be used to help needy families of military personnel and set up scholarships for their children. A project to build a shrine dedicated to the Holy Cross in memory of American servicemen and women is also planned.
On June 12, 2010, Archimandrite Nicholas was consecrated Bishop of Cincinatti by Metropolitan Damascene (Balabanov) of Moscow, Archbishop John (Zinovyev) of Zaporozhye and Little Rus', and Bishop Andrian (Zamlinsky) of Chişinău and Moldova as head of the North American Vicariate of the "True Russian Orthodox Church."
In 2011, he left to the Russian True-Orthodox Church under schismatic metropolitan Alexey (Bondarenko) of Moscow.
==Schedule of services==
* Saturday: 6:00pm - Great Vespers
* Sunday: 9:30am - Divine Liturgy
* Feastdays: 6:00pm Great Vespers on the eve of the feast, followed by 9:30am Divine Liturgy on the feastday.
* [http://www.ispovednik-portal.com/hronika/soobshchenie-o-perehode-arhimandrita-nikolaya-yuhosh-v-rossiyskuyu-pravoslavnuyu-cerkov Сообщение о переходе архимандрита Николая (Юхош) в Российскую Православную Церковь] '''(Russian)'''
* [http://www.ispovednik-portal.com/hronika/arhiereyskaya-hirotoniya-v-rossiyskoy-pravoslavnoy-cerkvi Архиерейская хиротония в Российской Православной Церкви] '''(Russian)'''
* [http://www.ispovednik-portal.com/oficialnye-dokumenty/mitropolit-damaskin-balabanov/pismo-mitropolita-damaskina-balabanova-episkopu Письмо митрополита Дамаскина (Балабанова) епископу Николаю (Юхош)] '''(Russian)'''
*[http://apologetika.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=2253 РАЗВАЛ РОСПЦ(Д): Бывший епископ РосПЦ(Д) Николай (Юхош) все-таки не вступил в ИПЦ(Р): "от сатаны к диаволу", -- обличив владык РосПЦ(Д) Д.Балабанова, И.Зиновьева в алкоголизме и безблагодатности] Меч и Трость '''(Russian)'''
* [http://www.hierarchy.religare.ru/h-orthod-bio-iuhos.html Николай (Юхош), Епископ Синсиннатский] Иерархия литургических церквей '''(Russian)'''
*[http://www.holycross-niagarafalls.org Holy Cross Monastery]
[[Category:Old Calendarist Monasteries]]
Retrieved from "
Please consider supporting OrthodoxWiki.