Changes

Jump to: navigation, search
m
Pre-College
*1984 Dec: On receipt of the report of the interim committee, three committees are established (building, administrative and academic).
*1985: Archbishop Stylianos sends letter to 1000 friends and acquaintances asking for $1000 donation. $350,000 was collected and allowed the Archdiocese to make a deposit on a property in Caringbah.
:With enough academically qualified and already-lecturing Orthodox, Sir Arthur George signed an agreement at the 5th Clergy-Laity conference (Brisbane) to provide the funds for the first stage of development. The donation of $250,000 was used to renovate and modify buildings at the Archdiocese by creating lecture rooms, domitories dormitories for interstate students, an office, a library, and a common room. 
==Beginning of College==
*1986 Feb: College opens. Metropolitan Maximos of Stavropoulis (Dean of Halki) and Premier Neville Wran (NSW) are present. Tuition is conducted for residential male students only. No fee is charged, and (by agreement) no wage is paid to the lecturers. The Bachelor of Theology is a four-year degree, in line with equivalent degrees in Greece.
552
edits

Navigation menu