'''Christ the Saviour Seminary
(Johnstown, Pennsylvania )''' is the [[seminary]] for the [[American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese of the U.S.A]], a self-governing diocese within the jurisdiction of the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople. The seminary provides a broad religious education and training for men to become [[priest]]s in the Orthodox Church.
The origins of Christ the Saviour Seminary are found in the vision of the first [[bishop]] of the [[diocese]],
His Grace Bishop Orestes (Chornock) in 1940. The seminary, at first, not having a permanent home, moved and held classes in a number of northeastern United States cities, including New York City, Nicholson, Pennsylvania, and Bridgeport, Connecticut. In 1951, the diocese acquired property in Johnstown, Pennsylvania that became the home of the seminary. Johnstown is also the seat of the diocese. The property is a landmark in the west end of the city, the historic Strayer Mansion. The building has been developed to include class and lecture rooms and dining and recreation facilities, as well as a library and bookstore.
The main purpose of the seminary is to train priests for the
American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese and other Orthodox dioceses in the United States, as well in foreign countries. The seminary places emphasis on pastorally oriented training. The seminary was approved in 1960 by the Pennsylvania State Council of Education to grant a Bachelor of Theology degree.
The seminary has tailored curricula for five classification of candidates:
Seminary Site] * [ http: //www.acrod.org/ Diocesan Site]