From 1973 to 1979 he met, seeking spiritual guidance and advise, some of the best-known spiritual leaders of that era: [[Archimandrite]] (now Saint) [[Justin Popovich]], Archimandrite [[Sophrony (Sakharov)]] and, in two long stays at Mount Athos, the followers of Elder [[Joseph the Hesychast]] - the Elder Ephrem of [[Katounakia Fathers (Athos)|Katounakia]], the Elder [[Ephraim (Moraitis) of Philotheou]] (now in Arizona), the Elder [[Charalampos (Dionysiates)]] - especially the Elder (now Saint) [[Paisios (Eznepidis)]] with whom he had long talks and whose support remains of great importance to Larchet.
Dr. Larchet, now retired, has been teaching philosophy for 35 years, and as a patrologist and theologian has lectured in many countries, including Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, France, Great Britain, Georgia, Greece, Italy, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain
He is one of the very few contemporary authors who is able seamlessly to combine rigorous scholarship with a vibrant sense of the inner life of the Church. His prolific writings on the spirituality of the [[Church Fathers|Fathers of the Church]] and on Orthodox theology (
31 books, 150 articles, more than 700 reviews) have been translated into no less than 18 languages.
* ''[http://www.holytrinitypublications.com/Book/398/The_New_Media_Epidemic.html The New Media Epidemic. The Undermining of Society, Family, and Our Own Soul]'' (2019)
* ''[https://www.amazon.com/Spiritual-Unconscious-Jean-Claude-Larchet/dp/1896800556 The Spiritual Unconscious]'' (2020)
===Books in French===
* Saint Gabriel, fol-en-Christ de Géorgie (2015) ISBN 2825145505
* "En suivant les Pères..." La vie et l'œuvre du Père Georges Florovsky (2019) ISBN 2940628432
* L’Église, corps du Christ, I, Nature et structure (2012) ISBN 2204096245