no edit summary
* ''Divine Liturgy - Prayers - Catechism'', third edition, published by the St. Sava Seminary Fund, is a bilingual Serbian / old English prayer book published with the blessing of Bishop [[Longin (Krco) of America and Canada]] of the New Gracanica Metropolitanate. With over 690 pages, this hardcover publication with marker ribbon contains the text of the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom with extensive commentary, festal troparia, kontakia and antiphons, short morning and evening prayers, prayers for various needs, lengthy catechetical material, and more.
===Mixed Traditional and Contemporary English===
* [http://orthodoxgoods.com/hoursofprayer.html ''The Hours of Prayer - A Book of Devotion''], prepared by Priestmonk Leonty and the Orthodox Brotherhood of the Virgin Mary of the [[American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese]], is a modern English translation of the hours for private use by the laity. Along with the midnight office, matins, vespers, compline, 1st / 3rd / 9th hours and the Paschal hours, included are troparia and kontakia of Sundays, weekdays, feasts, Triodian and Pentecostarion, as well as the Typica service, morning and evening prayers, akathists to Our Savior and the Mother of God, and prayers before and after communion
* [http://andrewespress.com/st-ambrose-prayerbook?ReturnUrl=LwA%3d ''The Saint Ambrose Prayer Book: A Devotion Manual for Orthodox Christians of the Western Rite''], edited by Fr. John G. Winfrey, is a [[Western Rite]] Orthodox revision of the St. Augustine Prayer Book, commonly used within traditional Episcopalian/Anglican communities. Prepared for use by the [[Antiochian Western Rite Vicariate]], it contains many private devotions such as morning/mid-day/evening prayers, preparations for confession and communion, prayers for the sick and dead, stations of the cross, litanies, novenas, devotions to the saints, as well as the ordinary and canon of the Liturgies of St. Gregory and St. Tikhon. With 456 pages, it has a faux leather cover with two colored ribbons and gilt edges.
* ''Orthodox Prayers of Old England'', compiled by Hieromonk Aidan (Keller) and published by
[http://www.allmercifulsavior.com/Bookstore.html St. John Cassian Press ], is a comprehensive Western Rite prayer book using historical pre-Great Schism prayers and devotions, and is approved for use by the [[Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia]]. Contents include daily prayers, Vespers / Compline / Matins / the Hours, Preparation for Holy Communion, Thanksgiving After Holy Communion, Old Gregorian rite Liturgy of St. Peter, in its English expression called the Sarum Rite, litanies, the Seven Psalms and the Fifteen Psalms, Hours of the Virgin, Hours of the Guardian Angel, baptism, chrismation, unction, prayers for death & the dead including complete burial, marriage, confession, an enormous variety of occasional prayers and beautiful old Anglo-Saxon prayers addressed to the saints, Service of Thanksgiving, fasts & feasts, musical notation for the Creed, Our Father, Te Deum, Sat. Vespers, and more. With a gold-stamped, blue imitation leather cover and Smythe-sewn, it has 456 pages.
* [https://www.amazon.com/Saint-Colman-Prayer-Book-Orthodox/dp/1547238771/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr= ''The Saint Colman Prayer Book: A Prayer Book for the Orthodox Western Rite''], a book of Western Rite church services edited and compiled by Fr Michael (Wood) of Saint Bride Hermitage. It is designed to provide for most church and home needs throughout the year based on the Sarum Use, but modified for modern parish usage. It includes a simplified Breviary meant for busy people. With an Introduction by His Eminence Metropolitan Hilarion, First Hierarch of the Russian Church Abroad. Published by [https://kellbridepress.com/ Kellbride Press], a publishing house affiliated with ROCOR in Scotland.
* [http://www.stgregoryoc.org/order-the-saint-gregory-prayer-book/ ''The Saint Gregory Prayer Book''], published by [http://www.stgregoryoc.org/ St. Gregory the Great Orthodox Church] in Silver Spring, MD, is a pocket-sized hardcover 278 page prayer book conforming to the usage of the [[Antiochian Western Rite Vicariate]]. From the Forward: "This collection provides prayers from the Western Rite Orthodox tradition. Most of these prayers are drawn from The English Office, The Orthodox Missal, and The Orthodox Ritual; some are taken from The Book of Common Prater (1928), A Little Book of Prayers from Old English Sources (1900), and The Anglican Service Book (1991). Morning and Evening Prayers, along with the Self-examination before Confession, from A Pocket Prayer Book for Orthodox Christians (1956), have also been included, as they are commonly used throughout our Archdiocese."
== Sources ==
*[https://static1.squarespace.com/static/51438806e4b033f380346d24/t/54369bd8e4b0193dcc7f5e1d/1412864984829/orthodox-daily-prayers.pdf Orthodox Daily Prayers], complied by Fr. John Winfrey of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America
*[http://www.greekorthodox.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/GOAA-BoP-English.pdf Book of Prayers: A Selection for Orthodox Christians], published by St. Andrew's Orthodox Press on the behalf of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
*https://www.terryvilleorthodoxchurch.org/files/prayerbook.pdf A Book of Prayers], published by Saints Cyril and Methodius Orthodox Church in Terryville, Connecticut