The Orthodox communities in East Africa that had been founded under his leadership were organized into the Metropolis of Irinoupolis with headquarters in Nairobi in 1958. He was first Bishop of Kenya and the first Kenyan Missionary to the people of Bunyore.
In 1972 he was elected titular Bishop of Nitrea, Assistant Bishop of the Metropolis Eirenoupolis. He was consecrated on 25th February 1973 at st Paul, [[
In 1974 Bishop George Gathuna, hence the split in the Orthodox Church into African and Greek Orthodox.