no edit summary
=Serbian Orthodox Church St George, Forrest=
This church community was formed in 1955, ended in 1963, and
ressurected in 1992. From 1963-1992, a group of former Yugolav Royal Military officers registered the 'Free Serbian Orthodox Church St George Inc' organisation with the ACT government, acquired land in the suburb of Forrest, built a church building, a hall which they call to this day 'Serbian Centre Draza Mihailovic', and a monument to Yugoslav General Dragoljub 'Draza' Mihailovic, the first of its kind anywhere in the world.
The interior of the church was painted by Czech artist Karl Matzek in the 1970s and 1980s, primarily in the Western mural style.