no edit summary
=Serbian Orthodox Church St George, Forrest=
This church community was formed in 1955,
and ended in 1963. Some members of the old community formed the 'Free Serbian Orthodox Church St George Inc' organisation, acquired land in the suburb of Forrest, built a church, a hall, and a monument to Yugoslav General Dragoljub 'Draza' Mihailovic, the first of its kind anywhere in the world. <br><br> The interoir of the church was painted by Czech artist Karl Matzek in the 1970s and 1980s, primarily in the Western mural style.
Since 1992, when the schismatic 'Free Church' came into the Serbian Patriarchal fold, it has been visited by several canonical Orthodox bishops, including the [[Serbian Patriarch Pavle]] in November 2004.
Address: 32 National Circuit, Forrest, ACT
Postal Address: PO Box 3339, Manuka ACT 2603<br>